So now that I have finished my 100 cups of
However, one dessert I do love is ice cream! I always have. As a young child, I loved getting a 99 flake from the ice cream van after playing in the park. Or eating all the chocolate ice cream from the tub of Neapolitan after our Sunday dinner at home.
Then there was the advent of tubs of ‘luxury ice cream’, like Häagen-Dazs or Ben & Jerrys. And our Sunday afternoon treats changed to trying all the new unusual flavours. Looking back it seems a little strange as flavours like ‘Cookies and Cream’ or ‘Chocolate Fudge Brownie’ are the norm.
When we got married, I received an ice cream maker as a wedding gift. For the first few years, I loved it, becoming a budding ice cream chef. I experimented and tried new flavours, like lavender, speculoos
Introducing 100 scoops of ice cream
Despite our colder weather, London is filled with interesting ice cream shops. I adore hunting for interesting types of ice cream to try. Creating a list, be it the Candy Floss wrapped ice cream from Milk Train. Watermelon Soft serve from Dominique Ansel or Mermaid ice cream from Four Winters. I want to try them all! And as most of these ice creams will look great on Instagram. The 100 scoops of Ice Cream project was born.
Whilst this is a fun project, I want to set out a few rules. Just some little guidelines to make the project more interesting and also create some fun photos.
- Although I am calling it 100 scoops of ice cream. I will include all frozen desserts, including soft serve, sorbet, frozen yoghurt or gelato.
- Each ice cream has to be different.
- I can visit the same ice cream shop more than once. But I have to try a different flavour, saying that I am not going to just visit Baskin Robbins and try all 31 flavours.
- I am not going to include desserts served with ice cream e.g. pie and ice cream. But may including a dessert that is mainly ice cream. e.g. a sundae.
- I may include some homemade ice cream, if I get around to
Don’t forget you can follow my ice cream adventures in London (and beyond) on Instagram. Or like with the 100 cups of coffee project I will be updating the blog regularly with my ice cream adventures.
What is your favourite flavour of ice cream?
Do you have a recommendation
If you too want to join in the fun on Instagram you can by
Featured Image from Pixabay.